Carpet Store in Maspeth, NY
Once upon a time, carpet was off-limits to homes with pets or little kids or those who host frequent gatherings. Today that’s not the case since carpet products are available to manage moisture and heavy wear while resisting stains. At Hamilton Carpet One Floor & Home in Maspeth, NY we pledge to provide you with the highest-quality carpets on the market. Our knowledgeable and approachable team is here to assist you in your flooring journey. Our flooring experts will carefully consider your design preferences, lifestyle, and budget as part of our service to you. Here are things to keep in mind as you start shopping for a new carpet.
What Are The Different Carpet Fiber Types?
Your journey to perfect carpet flooring begins with a close inventory of your lifestyle and space. Carpet function is determined by the type of fibers- or pile- that weave your rug together. Pile can be either synthetic, like nylon or olefin, or natural, like wool. Your carpet’s fibers, determine how your new rug will look, feel, and function once installed. Ask one of our carpet specialists which type of carpeting would fare best in your home.
- Nylon, a synthetic fiber, is extremely popular. This type of pile is prized for its extreme softness. Durable and resilient, nylon carpet is available in countless colors and styles.
- Polyester, yet another popular synthetic, has an appearance and texture like nylon but is more affordable. While once considered inferior to nylon, modern polyester carpet is quite durable.
- Olefin is a synthetic fiber that stands out due to its extremely vibrant colors. Olefin tends to be found most in durable, ultra-strong Berber-style carpet
- Triexta is a heavy-duty synthetic fiber that we often recommend for homes with kids and pets. Triexta is prized for its reliable stain resistance.
- Wool, made using natural carpet fibers, can be a significant investment but is well worth it. Soft, warm, and durable, wool carpeting naturally resists moisture, mildew, and odors.
What Type of Carpet is Right For My Maspeth, NY Home?
The construction of your carpet also plays a key role in the way your new rug will wear over time. Here’s a quick overview of the distinct types of carpet you’ll find in our showroom.
- Loop and Cut-Loop Carpet: The standard cut pile carpet is crafted with evenly trimmed yarn loops, resulting in a soft and plush surface. This carpet has exposed fiber ends that give it a velvety appearance, offering a smooth texture that feels gentle beneath your feet. It's a popular choice for areas where comfort is a priority, such as bedrooms and living rooms. However, it's essential to keep in mind that because the surface is denser, it may make footprints and vacuum marks more noticeable. Nevertheless, its luxurious appearance is simple to clean and maintain.
- Berber Carpet: Berber carpet stands out because it's woven with looped fibers, giving it a textured surface. The loops can be of the same height or different heights, creating intriguing visual effects. Berber carpets have a natural and relaxed style, with the loops forming a unique pattern. Due to these loops, Berber carpets are highly durable and suitable for busy areas. However, it's important to be aware that dealing with stains might be somewhat challenging due to the looped structure.
- Patterned Carpet: Patterned carpet is fashioned by using both cut and looped yarns, yielding various patterns, designs, and textures on the surface. These patterns create an intriguing look and depth, making it a stylish choice for any room in need of character. This type of carpet excels at hiding footprints and vacuum marks, unlike regular cut piles. It's also robust, making it suitable for areas with significant foot traffic.
- Saxony Carpet: Saxony carpet is designed to withstand the rigors of daily wear and tear. It boasts a cut-pile design that ensures its durability. Thanks to this construction, you won't find yourself needing to replace it frequently to maintain its appealing appearance.
- Frieze Carpet: Frieze carpet is renowned for its distinctive texture. It's created with long, twisted fibers in a cut pile style, resulting in a slightly curled appearance. These twists allow it to conceal footprints and vacuum marks, making it a practical choice for areas with substantial wear and tear.
Professional Carpet Installation
At Hamilton Carpet One Floor & Home, our mission is for every customer to find smart, sustainable, and stylish carpets for their homes or businesses. We carry the industry’s top carpet brands. With our competitive pricing and endless variety, let us be your first and last stop when it’s time for a new carpet.
Our skilled installation team, backed by years of experience, brings a wealth of expertise to ensure the precision of your new carpet installation. Supported by warranties like "The Beautiful Guarantee," we are committed to achieving a long-lasting carpet installation. If, within 30 days, you find yourself dissatisfied with your new carpet, simply reach out to us, and we will replace it with a similar one at no extra charge. We work efficiently to complete the job promptly, ensuring that you can enjoy your new carpet sooner. Your happiness is our priority.
Contact us or stop by our showroom to speak with our flooring professionals. Proudly serving Maspeth, NY, and the surrounding areas of Glendale, Rego Park, Forest Hills, Elmhurst, NY New York, Brooklyn, Woodside, Sunnyside, Little Neck, Glen Oaks, Flushing, Middle Village, Astoria, Long Island City, Whitestone, Fresh Meadows, Jackson Heights, and Corona, NY.