Hardwood Flooring in Maspeth, NY
Enhancing a wide range of interiors, hardwood flooring mesmerizes us with its sumptuous textures and rich tones. At Hamilton Carpet One Floor & Home, we're committed to helping you make the best choice of hardwood flooring for your unique needs, style, and budget. At Hamilton Carpet One Floor & Home in Maspeth, New York, we are passionate about offering a comprehensive guide to help you make informed decisions when choosing the perfect hardwood flooring for your space. Keep reading to learn more about hardwood floors, their benefits for your NY home, and where to install them.
Benefits of Hardwood Flooring
Beyond the aesthetic appeal and variety, hardwood flooring offers several advantages that make it a preferred choice for many homeowners.
Advantages of Hardwood Floors
- Timeless Elegance: They add a touch of warmth and natural beauty to any space, creating a welcoming atmosphere.
- Longevity: They are durable and resistant to wear and tear, making them a long-term investment in the value of your home.
- ROI: Homes with hardwood tend to be more desirable, making your floors a worthwhile investment.
- Versatility in Style: Hardwood flooring comes in a variety of styles, e.g., wide planks, distressed looks, and polished options.
- Eco-Friendly Option: Hardwoods are a sustainable flooring solution since they rarely need to be replaced.
- Installation Flexibility: Hardwood features various installation methods, including floating, glue-down, and nail-down.
- Moisture Resistance: Engineered hardwood, in particular, is moisture-resistant, making it suitable for more areas.
- Cost-Effective Choice: Its long lifespan and refinishing capabilities often make it a cost-effective choice in the long run.
How Do I Choose the Right Hardwood Species?
When selecting hardwood flooring for your space, there are several factors to keep in mind:
- Aesthetic Styles: Consider the overall aesthetic of your space, the style of hardwood, and the type of hardwood.
- Unique Features: Different styles of hardwood are characterized by plank length, width, wood grains, color, gloss, etc.
- Wood Species: Common species include Maple, Cherry, White Oak, and more.
Solid vs. Engineered Hardwood Flooring
Solid hardwood and engineered hardwood are nearly impossible to tell apart once installed, but that doesn’t mean there are no major differences. Consider your lifestyle, interior design, and the area of installation to determine whether solid or engineered hardwood is the best fit for you.
Solid Hardwood Flooring
- Crafted from solid, single planks of hardwood, solid hardwood planks can be refinished repeatedly, making them a favorite among traditionalists.
- Your solid hardwood floor should be limited to spaces that are generally dry and quiet. It cannot be used below grade.
- Additionally, the plank's thickness plays a role in whether it can be sanded and refinished down the road.
- On average, solid wood floors can be refinished up to seven times, making them a durable and long-lasting option.
Engineered Hardwood Flooring
- Engineered hardwood flooring is a multi-layered flooring manufactured using natural woods and resins.
- Most engineered hardwoods boast a scratch-proof surface for enhanced durability.
- Consider an engineered product if your home’s inner climate tends to fluctuate.
- These resilient planks can be installed below grade, making them suitable for basements.
Does Humidity Affect Hardwood Flooring?
What you may not realize about engineered or solid hardwood floors is that they are a living product. While pieces of wood are cut down and dried to a 7-8% moisture level, the remaining moisture that is in the wood continues to change.
Expansion & Contraction Tips:
- Have your hardwoods professionally installed to ensure the right moisture level.
- Keep your home at a level temperature to lessen the effects of hardwood and humidity.
Does It Matter Where Hardwood Flooring Is Installed?
Traditional hardwood flooring should never be installed in rooms prone to heavy splashes. Solid hardwood, especially, should be reserved for climate-controlled spaces that remain consistently dry. Engineered hardwood can be used in basements.
Ideal Locations for Hardwood Flooring:
- Living rooms
- Home offices
- And more!
FAQs About Hardwood Flooring
Q. Are hardwood floors suitable for kitchens and bathrooms?
A. Hardwood is not recommended for moisture-prone areas like kitchens and bathrooms. Consider water-resistant options for these spaces.
Q. Can hardwood floors be installed in basements?
A. Engineered hardwood is a better choice for basements due to its resistance to moisture.
Q. What are the maintenance requirements for hardwood floors?
A. Routine cleaning and protective measures are essential for maintaining the beauty and longevity of hardwood floors.
Why Choose Us for Hardwood Flooring in Maspeth, NY?
- Premium Installation Services: Our professional installation ensures a worry-free design experience from consultation to completion.
- Exclusive Brands, Exceptional Warranties: As part of the largest flooring cooperative in North America, we offer exclusive brands with increased buying power, translating to low prices and money-saving deals for our customers.
- The Beautiful Guarantee: Not satisfied with your new flooring? We'll replace them for free!
Where Can I Shop Hardwood Flooring Near Me?
For the best hardwood flooring in Maspeth, NY, visit your local flooring experts at Hamilton Carpet One. With our team of knowledgeable experts, we offer you incredible value and an impressive hardwood flooring inventory that offers options for nearly everyone. Whether you're a seasoned hardwood enthusiast or a first-time buyer, we're here to make your hardwood flooring journey enjoyable and rewarding. Visit our showroom located at 73 40 Grand Avenue, Maspeth, NY, or contact us at 347-560-9949. Start browsing our hardwood flooring selection online now!